Differentiated Instruction Beliefs
- All students are different. Not all students learn the same information at the same time, at the same rate or in the same way.
- Differentiated Instruction provides effective strategies to reach multiple learning styles and intelligences.
- Students should be taught content in the best way that they learn.
- Differentiated Instruction is for all learners!
- Differentiated Instruction should be used in every lesson we teach!
- Being fair to all students means we must differentiate their learning and our instruction.
- Depth of knowledge is as important as breadth of knowledge.
- Students need a reasonable amount of pressure to perform at peak academic levels.
- Not all teachers teach the same and not all curricula can be taught the same. (Robinson, 2008)
Teachers will know...
...practical methods to build interest with students
...how to motivate the unmotivated
...how to use Storytelling for Project-Based Learning
...how to grab and keep student interest
...how to incorporate fun and divergent ways of learning
...how to develop critical thinking in the student’s approach to learning
...how this can be modified for all kids and communities
...how to become real to their students
...how to use human graphing to get immediate feedback from students
...how to quickly assess how effective their lesson is going